Take a look at some of the impressive past winners.See The Past Winners
If you are interested in our awards presentation, selection of nominees, or helping out with our event, join our mailing list.Join Our List
- be no older than 40 years of age as of October 12, 2011
- Reside or work in one of the following Indiana counties: Bartholomew, Boone, Hamilton, Hancock, Hendricks, Johnson, Madison, Marion, Morgan or Shelby
- Have meaningful professional accomplishments.
- Be actively involved within the community.
- Positively affect others around them.
- Demonstrate leadership qualities in the workplace or community.
Working with the selection criteria, each committee is encouraged to seek appropriate racial and gender diversity when choosing finalists.
The selection process is intended to involve an objective assessment of all nominees against set criteria determined by Junior Achievement.
Number of Finalists
The selection committee will choose 100 total finalists, ten from each category. The President and CEO of Junior Achievement will monitor the selection process and break any ties.
Narrowing the Field
Once 100 finalists are established, the selection committee, chaired by KPMG LLP, will select ten winners - one from each category. The winners will be announced at the Indy's Best and Brightest awards presentation to be held on October 12, 2011.
All discussion that takes place during the selection process is confidential. In addition, Junior Achievement asks that committee members not reveal the names of any of the finalists until after the finalists have been notified or announced publicly.